biggj123 on news 6 Ways to Feel More Stable as an Expat Living in China(8 comments)
Nov 30,2019 09:53

I hear ya, especially for people with family here. Let's say you have a wife or child here and you don't have a university degree or you are a non-native English speaker and the only thing you can do is teach English...your options are pretty limited. Your only real option to support yourself and your family legally ... Full Comment>>

Nov 27,2019 14:11

None of these have anything to do with stability other than saving money. You are always at the mercy of your next visa run. That alone right there is a reason most people will never feel stable. Just last week a guy from the middle east who has been in china legally for 6 years going to school and than working for ... Full Comment>>

Nov 27,2019 13:57

Get an Xbox and get gamepass and EA access and play 100's of games :) Yeah death stranding is a good game. I think people just dont understand what kind of game it is because lots of people dont like it. Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 7 (Almost) Unattainable Holy Grails for Expats Living in China(4 comments)
Nov 17,2019 07:59

It's like those clickbait links on the bottom of sketchy websites that just want you to click on but have no substance at all. Like " 10 things bankers don't want you to know!!" or "5 superfoods that cure cancer!!" 7 things Angelina Jolie doesn't want you to know about her sex life!!" It's ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 6 Traditional Hobbies That Will Benefit Your Life in China(10 comments)
Nov 04,2019 17:03

Hey, just because I point out what's right in front of me does not mean I'm against it or have any problem with it. It just how it is. And what's wrong with KTV, dancing, BBQ, getting massages, driving without worrying about road safety and having the occasional drink and smoke? If that's wrong, I don't want to be ... Full Comment>>

Nov 03,2019 12:09

Why is it ok for chinese to do these things but its something I should go back to my country for doing? Are you disrespecting Chinese culture and their people?I'm a guest here, when in china, do as the Chinese do, Apparently you have never been out with business men or any Chinese males for that matter...because if ... Full Comment>>

Nov 01,2019 17:25

I prefer "real traditional" Chinese hobbies like going to KTV, playing mahjong, drinking, smoking cigarettes, sitting around a night BBQ until after midnight eating mystery meat and getting drunk, dancing with the old ladies in the town square, rolling my shirt up exposing my stomach(Beijing bikini) and ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 4 Ways to Navigate Cultural Differences When Living in China(5 comments)
Oct 29,2019 09:00

Sure, I'm fine...are you saying my analysis of how Chinese perceive foreigners is wrong? If my ears and eyes are lying to me, by all means, enlighten me on the reality of things. Full Comment>>

Oct 27,2019 10:56

I never had to pay before I ate other than at fast-food restaurants. All the normal restaurants I've been to and I've been to many.. the bill always comes after or you go to the counter and pay when you are finished. I don't think there is a cultural difference between that and the west when it comes to paying. ... Full Comment>>

Oct 26,2019 16:33

Try to avoid as much human contact as you can. Keep your circle of friends small and ignore everyone else or just smile and say "ting bu dong" even though you can understand the ignorant shit coming out of their mouths and just walk on. All chinese do is judge books by their cover so no point in trying to ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 8 Things Your Friends at Home Probably Don’t Understand About China(5 comments)
Oct 10,2019 18:29

I think the whole "10 Things That blah blah About China" is getting old. Anyone who is been in China longer than a few months knows all these things. You guys should but some unique news article from china or some strange news, something like that once in a while. Kind of like how chinasmack use to. I ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 5 Ways Changing Cities can Improve Your Job Prospects in China(5 comments)
Oct 10,2019 14:25

Yeah, I agree, I think if you're successful in one area and already build a network of people and opportunities it better to stay there work off that. Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news The 6 Stages (Most) Expats in China Go Through(12 comments)
Oct 10,2019 14:20

It reminds me of London when I was there 10 years ago. Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news The 6 Stages (Most) Expats in China Go Through(12 comments)
Oct 10,2019 14:18

I don't mean to sound like a dick...if you hate something so much why come to a website devoted to that very thing? This is just me...but the things I hate I don't think about or even let it bother me in any way, I delete that thing from my life. I hate black licorice ... I would not go to a website devoted to that ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 5 Reasons Why Side Hustles Can be a Boon for Expats Working in China(6 comments)
Oct 05,2019 22:15

who? And why was sponge bobs comment deleted? Or did he do it himself? Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 5 Types of Foreigner You’ll Meet in the Chinese Workplace(9 comments)
Sep 26,2019 20:19

Come again? Full Comment>>

Sep 24,2019 23:01

And to add to that, they usually get treated far worse than white western people. Especially if they teach English. They get lower pay most of the time and face racism wherever they go...yet I find them more likable and enjoy china far more than a lot of westerners. I just can't handle the constant complaining about ... Full Comment>>

Sep 22,2019 09:48

From my experience, the non-white people from non-western countries are the best adjusted in china. They don't seem to complain about much and are usually fun to hang around . The worst ones are the liberal "educated" ones. These woke millennial types. The ones who follow the political correctness cult and ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news How to Ask for a Raise When Working in China(5 comments)
Aug 29,2019 20:49

Most jobs everyone gets paid a bit different. I never worked at a job where everyone was paid the same. When you first get hired you usually negotiate your salary unless you're doing some shit job like McDonald's. So if your good at negotiating you get paid more and if you take what they offer you, well that's on ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 7 Things You’ll Realize About Yourself Only After Leaving China(4 comments)
Aug 23,2019 16:38

There is an old saying " No matter where you go, there you are" If you were a lazy asshole before you went to China, you'll most likely be a lazy asshole after you leave too. And that goes for responsible, hardworking people too...you will be the same when you leave, just a few more stories to tell. Not ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news 6 Tips for Achieving a Work-Life Balance in China(5 comments)
Aug 20,2019 18:33

Nice article, If your an English teacher at a training center, I find they have the best hours. In most cases, during the week you only have to come in in the afternoon or even the evening. So after work, all the BBQ is opened up and lots of people around to do things with. And you can stay out all night and sleep ... Full Comment>>

biggj123 on news Foreign Teachers in China Facing More Arrests and Deportation(13 comments)
Aug 17,2019 07:09

Let me tell a quick little story that happened to me a few years back and part of the reason why the laws are the way they are. So I'm working at this school and I just had a demo with these kids. Everything was fine, everyone was happy and had a good time. After this mother came up to me and asked me all these ... Full Comment>>

Aug 17,2019 06:26

So 2009 you did not need a work visa to work in China? It was a free for all? Why did you bother getting a work visa than if the government didn't give a shit? Why do you think the law is so strict now to get a working visa and they are cracking down on "visa runs" to HK and only Native English people can ... Full Comment>>

Aug 16,2019 10:15

I remember back before for you needed to get your degree and documents stamped by the Chinese embassy this guy I knew worked at EF and they made fake documents for him to bring to HK and get a work visa. And EF is one of the bigger English school chains in china doing that kind of shady shit...you can imagine what ... Full Comment>>

Aug 16,2019 06:44

So you admit to breaking the law and working without the proper visa before?? So you were not paying taxes and lying to the parents and students at your school about your residency? What made you so entitled you thought you could go to a foreign country and break their laws?? You're just as bad as everyone else, ... Full Comment>>

Visitors

2 people viewed this profile

Your resume was updated on 07/12/2019. Resumes can be edited any time. Manage resume