adb2014 on news Lost in Mistranslation(2 comments)
May 10,2017 22:21

The numbers that always got me were 4 and 10 because the pronunciation for both sounded very similar. They had to use hand signals to help me understand. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Tips for Living Well on a Budget in China(11 comments)
Apr 12,2017 15:10

1) The article does not say that PizzaHut is a fantastic experience. It simply says it has better food, atmosphere and value than McDonald's. 2) I personally know a lot of people who still watch DVDs. 3)I can easily increase or decrease the weights on my dumbbells. 4)I am not, and do not encourage anyone to work ... Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Poll: Americans Like China More Than Russia(7 comments)
Mar 13,2017 13:45

I don't think most Americans would have much love for China, either. Maybe a more accurate title would be 'Americans fear China a little less than Russia' Full Comment>>

adb2014 on adb2014 's blog Why I'm Trying to Lose Friends and Alienate my Co-workers (4 comments)
Mar 06,2017 10:33

It's funny, you're right. Three weeks now and no one has said a thing. And I know for sure that I haven't missed any important announcements, either. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on SpongeBob 's blog Office Craziness Part II(3 comments)
Mar 01,2017 15:00

God, it's ESL Game of Thrones. Looking forward to the next chapter. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Confucius in the West(4 comments)
Oct 19,2016 15:00

What, no clever 'Confucius say...' comments? Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Hangzhou Mother and Daughter Arrive in Moscow for Dream Trip, Only to be Deported Back(4 comments)
Aug 12,2016 11:08

So what's her logic here? RMB23000 in compensation, plus RMB69000 for hurt feelings and loss of face? Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news The Times: China’s Tourist Blacklist Already has 19 Names(14 comments)
Aug 05,2016 22:53

Really? I was in Thailand just two months ago and the Westerners I saw there seemed very well behaved. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on thabet_sava 's blog Negative Portrayal of Chinese in Hollywood Movies(4 comments)
Jul 27,2016 14:45

Bruce Lee is still hugely respected, even idolized in the west. I regularly see Jackie Chan, Lucy Lu, Steven Chow and Chow Yun Fat all playing respectable roles. When Chinese movies start portraying Westerners in a more positive light, then your argument will have some credibility. Full Comment>>

Jul 19,2016 09:32

And have you ever watched Chinese and Korean dramas here? Europeans on these shows are always portrayed as evil and/or bumbling idiots. In my eight years in China, I've yet to see a single Westerner portrayed in a positive light. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Five Ways that Parents Can Hurt their Children's English Learning Development(23 comments)
Jul 06,2016 22:42
comment|72059|287190

Hello, it's nice to see you've calmed down a little. The point I'm trying to make is this: if you really want your newborn to be good at English, why wait 3-4 years until they go to school? If you can, take tbe initiative and give them a good foundation first. I've done that with my kids and I think they've really ... Full Comment>>

Jul 06,2016 20:02
comment|72053|287190

Haha,well spotted. It was grammatically correct when printed in the 'community articles' section but for some reason was changed when it was printed here. If you look at the earlier article, you'll see what I actually wrote. Full Comment>>

Jul 02,2016 23:25
comment|71988|287190

Wow, guest 707718, you seem like avery unhappy person - either that, or that was a pathetic attempt to sound gangsta which clearly didn't impress anyone. Are you a teacher or a parent? Do you have any idea how much time is involved in helping a child learn anything? Do you think a responsible parent would simply do ... Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Chongqing Man Orders 400 RMB Worth of Take Out and Disappears (5 comments)
Jun 30,2016 12:01
comment|71952|287190

only RMB400 for the entire menu? I suspect there must be a zero missing. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Kindergarten Teacher Fired for Having Students Hit Each Other as Punishment (15 comments)
Jun 27,2016 15:04

Yep, relying on manipulation and violence to solve problems instead of peaceful dialogue. 5000 years of culture, my foot! Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news 5 Things I’ve Learned About China That I Wish I Could Tell My Younger Self(33 comments)
Jun 27,2016 14:52

You might be surprised at how many Chinese people only eat their own food when in western countries. The main reason is that their own diet is really just rice, green vegetables and bits of meat. They refuse to eat or drink anything that's cold and so, their stomachs are just to delicate to handle eating different ... Full Comment>>

Jun 27,2016 12:12

I would bet anything that their parents were motivated by greed and didn't even punish their sons for what they did. What's to stop them from encouraging their sons to try the same thing in their next school in the hope of getting another cash payout? It makes one lose all hope for China's next generation. Full Comment>>

Jun 27,2016 12:08

So they think it's perfectly ok for young boys to sexually assault a girl in a bathroom? For the love of god, sterilize their parents to make sure they can never breed again. People like that make me sick. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Was She Set Up? 16 Year Old Posts Naked Photos on Weibo(8 comments)
Jun 02,2016 14:38

It was probably a reference to relentless pressure to do well at exams and persistent psychological abuse for years, being told she was trash and worthless - basically a normal childhood in China. Full Comment>>

It's funny that in incidents involving sex, the police treat it almost as seriously as a murder investigation. I can bet though, that if the woman was assaulted instead, the police wouldn't even have bothered investigating. Am I the only one who thinks this? Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Students Post Pictures of Their Bruised Butts Online After Police Beating (3 comments)
May 20,2016 12:25

Why are policemen and teachers only ever suspended for physical abuse? Is it impossible to fire them? Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Did This P.E. Teacher Grope a Student Or Was He Showing Her Correct Form? (11 comments)
May 14,2016 21:12

He seemed more interested in admiring her form than correcting it. Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Expats in China: How Valuable Are They to Employers? (76 comments)
May 11,2016 13:07

What the...? I've seen this article appear for the THIRD time on the front page now, with the same comments as last time. Are you running out of ideas, echinacities? Full Comment>>

adb2014 on news Lost in Translation: The Funniest English Shirts I’ve Seen in China (25 comments)
May 09,2016 22:59

Oh dear. Usually by the time they reach college, they should have learnt enough English to be able to read that. It seems that they might have misinterpreted the meaning. Full Comment>>

May 09,2016 22:57

I have another one to add: Just this morning I saw a guy in the local metro station wearing a t-shirt that said 'will you marry me?' in huge letters. I know that wives can be hard to find but seriously... Full Comment>>

1 2 Next

Your resume was updated on 22/07/2017. Resumes can be edited any time. Manage resume